These scales are free to use for either research or practice purposes. You don’t need to contact me to use them for research or in your clinical practice.
Substance Abuse Self-Stigma Scale
- Citation: Luoma, J.B.,Nobles, R. H., Drake, C., E., Hayes, S. C., O-Hair, A., Fletcher, L., & Kohlenberg, B. S. (2013). Self-Stigma in Substance Abuse: Development of a New Measure. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 34, 1-12. Download article here.
- Download Substance Abuse Self-Stigma measure and scoring instructions.
Acceptance and Action Questionnaire for Substance Abuse
- Citation: Luoma, J. B.,Drake, C., Hayes, S. C., Kohlenberg, B. (2011). Substance Abuse and Psychological Flexibility: The Development of a New Measure. Addiction Research and Theory, 19(1), 3-13. Download article here.
- Download the Acceptance and Action Questionnaire for Substance Abuse (AAQ-SA) andn scoring instructions.For versions translated to other languages, go here.
Perceived Stigma of Substance Abuse Scale
- Citation: Luoma, J. B.,O’Hair, A. K., Kohlenberg, B. S., Hayes, S. C., Fletcher, L. (2010). The development and psychometric properties of a new measure of perceived stigma toward substance users. Substance Use and Misuse, 45, 47-57. Download article here.
- Download the Perceived Stigma of Substance Abuse Scale and scoring instructions.
Nonverbal Shame Display Coding
- We developed training and coding materials for use in a study assessing nonverbal shame displays. We spent a lot of time on these materials as existing coding systems were not well documented. While we have not been able to validate this measure in a published study, we do believe the coding system is well constructed and can benefit researchers who want to do this kind of coding. We hope these resources may save other researchers some time and trouble-shooting.
- You can download the coding manual and supporting materials below: